There isn't much to update since my last blog post except for a few key things that I think will be of interest to you guys.
First off, all of us are now in Florida! Me, Clare, Dexter, Wallace, and Donna are now in Tampa together, after quite a bit driving, flying, shipping, and transporting. The cars are all here, too, and the Astons definitely look better in the sun than the snow lol.
Second is that our Exterior Lighting Package supply has arrived and we've begun sorting through it all and packaging orders. I have to ask for a little more patience for a few reasons:
1) Since we've been living out of a suitcase for a month, we don't have our usual office setup so we're doing all of the order fulfillment by hand - that means writing out labels, logging tracking numbers, updating the shipping system one by one, and so on. It's a very time consuming process, so it'll take a bit of time to get through all of them.
2) I decided to include brand new bulbs with the front and rear corner markers and side repeaters. I'm already including new thread-cutting nuts to make installation easier, so why not do a little preventive maintenance and include new bulbs at the same time? Plus, all the bulbs will be the same so it'll help ensure the most uniform look among the lights as possible. There won't be any change to pricing for current inventory, but there might be a slight increase in price for the next batch that's already being made (our current inventory is selling out quickly!).
3) Almost all of our packaging and shipping materials were ruined in transit from Virginia to Florida, so we have to get restocked on everything. Not only did we lose all that, we also had some of our personal stuff ruined, too. I'm pretty sure we're out several hundred dollars worth of stuff just from what I've seen at a glance, and that's without going through anything that wasn't obvious.
I've gotten a lot of emails from people sending thoughts, prayers, Facebook likes, and well-wishes of a wide variety, hoping for our move to go well. We really do appreciate it! The move has been unbelievably bad - not one thing has gone right yet! As of right now, Dexter just racked up some vet bills, I've got the flu, we're living in an AirBnB with water falling from a leaking pipe in the ceiling, the aforementioned damage to our stuff during transit, all of our stuff is scattered around the Tampa area in storage units and warehouses, and we're still trying to close on our new house so, you know, we can have a place to live. Even stupid things like someone stealing my sunglasses. Yeah, I'm out a $180 pair of Ray-Bans, but it also left me with bare eyes trying to drive through a razor-sharp midday sun to get somewhere to buy some replacements. Even stupid little stuff like that, it all just keeps adding up, and that's just scratching the surface of what we've been dealing with.
It's been absolute hell, but I know it's going to be worth it.
The weather alone is a vast improvement - I'll take sunny and 70F's over frigid twenties any day, though I know it's going to catch up to us with brutal heat in the summer. It's worth mentioning because I'm honestly not sure if we'd be able to deal with everything going on if we had depressing, cold weather on top of it. That, and the steady stream of encouragement we've gotten from all of you, has made our relocation survivable despite the nonstop WTFery.
In addition to the huge amount of support you guys have given us, we've also gotten a nice bit of help locally. Although we're staying in a leaky AirBnB, our Astons are safe and sound in a warehouse with... uh... a Jeepazoid.
Once things settle down, hopefully within the next two weeks, I'll be able to crank down on Redpants once again. A quick list of things to come:
- I'll be picking up on a bunch of projects, using both my red and grey Vantages, as well as other cars.
- Building out the DB9 section to be far more comprehensive as part of a collaboration with a great guy many of you have probably come across.
- Uploading the modification guides to help you understand what aftermarket (or OEM) upgrades are available to you and what you need to know about them.
- Getting back to work on Redpants Unzipped and its YouTube channel, bringing you entertainment and information beyond just Aston Martin DIY guides and videos. And I'll be working with a videographer to improve the quality of all of the Redpants/Redpants Unzipped videos, too.
- And quite a bit more...
So again, thank you all so much for your support and patience during this move! We can't wait to get back into the swing of things!